Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Chrono Trigger retranslation

[url]http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Retranslation.html[/url]

• 10 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. i dun like it.

+
  2. What was wrong with the original? I thought it was pretty fucking fantastic. I don't want to play this game with a word-for-word literal translation of the Japanese text. I completely trust Ted Woolsey for all my localization needs.

+
  3. the PS script was great.

All I want is another game as good as Chrono Trigger.

Also another game like Baldur's Gate, but oh well.

+
  4. I don't think it's possible. With the departure of Yasumi Matsuno also goes the last great vestige of everything that made Square Enix's past games truly remarkable. Does SE have the talent and the drive to make truly great games anymore? in other words... is Square dead???

+
  5. i think so.

+
  6. Square doesn't seem to be in the same spot as it was many years ago, now with Enix I think that you can safely say that Square is dead.

+
  7. There is such a thing as, you know, new talent and new people that work for Squeenix who may, you know, be good.

But you know, why make sense when I can just be negative about it all.

+
  8. @Xavi

It's a special form of nostalgic elitism. What a silly thing to say.

But seriously, after Wada trains these guys on remakes, they should be rarin' to go. It's taken about five years, but Square Enix is finally getting some talent back into its games. Not that I have anything to corroborate this; just a gut feeling.

+
  9. I was about to say, let's hear some examples. Certainly no games are proving the point.

+
  10. There is such a thing as, you know, new talent and new people that work for Squeenix who may, you know, be good.

Yes, and...they aren't.

+
    • ???
    • Fri September 25, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #1774 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close