Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Discussion Point: the transition from Final Fantasy XII to XIII

1. I watched it about an hour or so ago and I have to say, BO-RING. I think I'm done with this series (well I kinda was when I finished X), I was interested in the battle system (mainly because Toshiro Tsuchida is battle director) and somewhat interested in the plot, but now that I've seen a snippet of the goods, I'm over it. I think the whole Star Wars theme here is more prevalent than ever and I just can't get into this magic-technology fusion fetish. I know this has a lot to do with Japanese culture (just look at their anime) but I just can't hang. Honestly though, the worst offender of all for me with this game and MOST FF games is the fact that there is little to no humility involved, like I'm suppose to just accept that these beasts/monsters are technological mythical creatures fused with magic and are of the norm. I know it's fantasy and I know it's supposed to be surreal, but this game is just too retarded for my liking.

Plus the character designs. I just can't dig half of the designs and when the shits hitting the fan, they're all still looking good, clothes are nicely ironed and their hair do's are still neatly groomed. They should have some new spells called "glam stroke" and "shave slam" or even "cosmetica". No humility makes this kind of stuff more embarrassing than enjoyable or entertaining.

I'm out.

[Edit: link to people & games for autotags and easy access for readers -Matt]

+
    • ???
    • Mon August 10, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #1813 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close