Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

This picture is awesome. And huge.

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  1. Well if we're diverting the topic to the last paragraph you wrote...

Personally I feel that while the materia system was good, it did not allow for any real character input into abilities. I prefered, for example, the system in FFIX as it allowed each character to have a specific role. Sure, this may be a little too restrictive, however the general 'job'-type system allows for characters to be individualised more so than for one particular battle. (After all FFVII allows you to chuck any kind of materia on anyone, the only real difference is in the slightly different base stats.)

Having locked myself into a horribly impossible position by not battling enough prior to the point in question, I'm not in a good position to comment on FFXII (it was pretty early on).

Interesting to note...wherever I read it that Square wanted someone else to design characters as Amano's work was too "arty" for a real-looking 3D world. Yeah his artwork was cool, but they seemed to feel they needed some more anime-styled images to go from.

Having started playing from FFVII onwards means I started on Nomura, and being where I am, FFT never came out here, so I haven't really been able to delve into the titles. My girlfriend scored a copy of Vagrant Story from a second-hand games dealer so hopefully I'll be able to give that a spin in the coming months.

And just so we're all clear, Kuja is also a porcelain-skinned hermaphrodite too. Oh, hitting up Google for him is amusing, not for the kiddies.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/9kuja-s.jpg

+
    • ???
    • Sat November 27, 2021

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #1846 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close