Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Mirror's Edge

• 10 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. +
  2. Yeah, I heard about this one a while back. Believe it or not, it has nothing to do with Breakdown (other than stealing most of the gameplay elements).

+
  3. Wow. Breakdown. Haven't heard that game mentioned in a while.

As for Mirror's Edge, I was iffy about the game leading up to the demo, but after playing the demo a few times, I'm pretty much sold. I'll pick it up when it comes out. Let's just hope that it translates into more than just 20 minutes of fun followed by hours of tedium.

+
  4. I didn't enjoy the demo so much. The game is gorgeous (given that it uses a palette of four colors), but I can't see it evolving much beyond the demo. I might consider it more if they implement a custom controls feature, but I do think it'll be 12 hours of tedium.

+
  5. I like the visual design. It's very reminiscent of Peter Chung...

I wonder if he had anything to do with it? I'll have to go look that up now...

+
  6. I am very skeptical of platformers (or any game that isn't an FPS) in FPS format. Now, I have yet to play the demo, so I don't have much room to talk :S I do think the game has possibilities so I'd like to play the demo :D

+
  7. My biggest beef with the demo was the button configuration. It seems like they really could have simplified the control scheme of this game a lot more. Some little things got on my nerves too, like when you're coming up on a fence so you think "Hey, I'll jump on top of that air conditioner and get over the fence faster!".... WRONG! It will take you the same amount of time, if not less, to just run up to the fence and jump on it.

The full version of the game is getting pretty good reviews but I don't think that game's for me.

Also every time EA releases a new game I just wonder "Why the hell haven't they put out a new SSX?!!"

+
  8. You haven't gotten enough SSX yet? I was about finished after Tricky, which ruined Run DMC for me, which I guess isn't really that much of a loss. But still.

+
  9. Tricky was the worst of the series. SSX3 is probably one of the greatest sports games ever created.

+
  10. Was it? I played the first three, but honestly the whole series is kind of intermingled together for me in an orgy of amalgamated, powdery delight. Except for Rahzel. I hate that bitch.

I'll have to pick up 3 again when I get back home. Dean, you really put me in the mood.

+
  11. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #1976 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close