Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Valkyria Chronicles

• 17 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. A friend and I have this pact where at the end of this semester of grad school, we are both going to buy a PS3 to reward ourselves (this semester is extremely important to our educational progress).

Valkyria Chronicles is a top contender for my first game. Fallout 3 is another. But I was just wondering what the rest of you thought of it, especially if you have played it.

+
  2. I've heard a lot about this game, and being the biggest Advance Wars fan in the universe (I have yet to disprove this argument) and hearing the similarities between them, it makes me want to buy a PS3. Of course, I won't, but it just makes me want to.

+
  3. ya I played the demo. Its awesome! I might buy this game after I beat Persona 4 this winter.

+
  4. When I buy a ps3, it won't be for Valkyria Chronicles (although that will more than likely be amongst the first of my purchases). Quite simply, it will be for MGS4. That infernal game makes me a die a bit inside each and every time I see it mocking me from the shelf.

+
  5. Mr_Domino said:
    When I buy a ps3, it won't be for Valkyria Chronicles (although that will more than likely be amongst the first of my purchases). Quite simply, it will be for MGS4. That infernal game makes me a die a bit inside each and every time I see it mocking me from the shelf.

oh man MGS4 is pure awesomeness!

+
  6. Yeah, can you feel my laser vision yet? Cuz its aimed right at your head, man.

+
  7. If you're going to bother with Fallout 3 at ALL, I'd suggest you buy it for the PC. They're going to be releasing the G.E.C.K. soon, so I imagine user created content is going to save the game from being abysmal. It was the same with Oblivion: honestly, it was full of buggy shit, and then, using the TES Editor, tons of mods popped up that saved the game from sucking really, really hard, from bug fixes to revamping the water engine, to adding quests that are more incredible than half of the stuff in the game itself.

Beyond that, I BRING NOTHING TO THE TABLE, mostly because I've not bothered playing the VC demo yet.

+
  8. PC is out of the question. All I have is a laptop, and while it is a pretty awesome laptop, it is not the kind of awesome needed to play Fallout 3 (Or Oblivion, for that matter) at an acceptable level.

+
  9. Mr_Domino said:
    Yeah, can you feel my laser vision yet? Cuz its aimed right at your head, man.

lol

+
  10. I haven't played Valkyrie Chronicles yet, but I have played Fallout 3 and it is simply amazing. Blows Oblivion out of the water in every category. Although if you get a PS3 I suggest you get Metal Gear Solid 4 first as it is the best game for the system by far. I've played throught MGS4 a couple times and it is a masterpiece. I have Fallout on the 360 but I'm sure it's the same experience on the PS3, I would definitely get Fallout 3 eventually if you get a 360 or PS3.

+
  11. Yeah, I am a huge fan of the MGS series. However, I have at no point in my life been capable of playing the darn games. The game play may be of high caliber, but it makes me nervous and twitchy. So I'd simply rather watch somebody else play through it and absorb what goes on. Because despite the convoluted nature of its narrative, it is still quite engaging.

+
  12. man, the narrative is amazing. Of course, MGS1 and 3 are just that: Narrative. MGS2 is artsy as hell, which makes me love it in some ways even more. Not having played 4 just kills me. I want it so badly, but I can't afford it.

Sigh, maybe someday...

+
  13. Yeah, Nels, I feel you. I lost interest in Sons of Libery real early on. There was something about that game... boring, melodramatic, pretentious... but the pure excellence of Snake Eater gameplay had me hooked from start till finish. The simplified storyline was an improvement, imo, too. I loved the setting - Cold War-era Russia - and I loved how they made use of limited technology and natural environments.

+
  14. While Snake Eater's gameplay was a definite step up, I thought the game as a whole was a step down, just as Sons of Liberty was from the original. They're all very different games, though, so its kind of to each his own as to which one you like best (although 4 seems to kind of be the semi-unanimous vote right now). I hate SoL the first two times I played it. Well, ok, I didn't hate it. Otherwise I never would have gotten through it twice. I loved the gameplay, I just didn't get the story. But then booting up for the third time through, I just got it and everything clicked and it was magnificent. Kind of like a religious conversion, only with more 'mechs.

+
  15. Can anyone tell me what the differences are (if there is any) between the regular MGS titles and the MGS: Substance series?

+
  16. There's more substance to the latter. Naturally.

+
  17. Metal Gear Solid 4...I'm salivating just thinking about it. That game is everything I ever wanted out of metal gear with juicy bits to spare.

+
  18. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2002 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close