Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Chrono Trigger DS and the new Kato ending

• 12 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. OK, I just spoiled myself for the new Chrono Trigger DS ending. Has anyone else done so for themselves or played enough to see it?

If so, discuss.

+
  2. Not yet, too many games to play! But Ill get to it, does this ending replace the usual "best ending"?

+
  3. No, not really. It's a new "alternate" ending that fills in the gaps between CT and CC a little more and in a way even retcons some stuff. I haven't decided whether I like it yet or not, which is why I want to see it discussed.

+
  4. No my question was whether the means to obtain this ending is by doing what usually gets you the "best" ending (saving Crono, beating the Black Omen and then beating Lavos by using Epoch)

If this ending destroys anything insinuated by Cross, I'll behappy.

+
  5. Yeah and I also said it's not, it's another alternate ending.

It doesn't destroy anything insinuated by Cross, just adds a little information that kind of explains the behaviour of some characters in the game. It's pretty clever.

+
  6. Does anybody else think it's strange how SE has abandoned the CT series? I just saw a headline for "New Games" and seeing CT for the DS made me think: "We're talking about a game that came out 14 years ago, that has only had one sequel*... in the last two console generations."

• I don't count Radical Dreamers because it didn't come to the US.
    +
  7. I already own Chrono Trigger for the PS1. Is it worth me buying it for the DS? Is this alternate ending the only new insentive to buy the DS port?

Dean - - - > I agree. I'd really like to see a new Chrono Trigger / Cross. To be honest, it doesn't even have to be a sequel. If Square would do w/ Chrono Trigger, what Capcom did w/ the Resident Evil remake, I'd be happy.

+
  8. The port has two new dungeons which most people seem to think aren't that great, and the new ending. Buy it if you want to support the concept of SNES rereleases by Square Enix with 2 bonus dungeons and a new ending, I guess. Personally I don't really think this is something they should be spending time on if they could also just go make Chrono 3.

+
  9. Very true. I just hope that they don't do what they did with the FFVII franchise. They made A LOT of crappy games trying to expand upon that game, when all the fans wanted was a remake of the original.

+
  10. I think every Square franchise is at risk of that at this point. Look what they're doing to Ivalice and Mana. If they get the idea that they can milk an old creative IP then they're going to milk it. But without the excellent creativity that went into the originals. Just outsource it to some studios and get those DS/PSP versions pumping!

+
  11. Yeah, another forum they were discussing this blog was comparing who was better, SquareEnix or BioWare. SquareEnix has produced almost nothing good as a company and I haven't been impressed with BioWare either (though I am sure many of you will disagree on the BioWare part). They've just, as said previously, milked the genius of what was a far superior company, SquareSoft. Who's better, SquareEnix or BioWare? I don't give a hoot. But I can tell you SquareSoft was a better company than either of them could ever hope to be.

+
  12. Comparing BioWare and SE is like comparing is like comparing a fruit stand to a supermarket. BioWare has made, what like 15 games in the last decade? SE makes twice that many in a year. In the time it took BW to make one Mass Effect, SE released Kingdom Hearts 2, Valkyrie Profile 2, FFXII, Crisis Core, Dragon Quest 8, as well as 30-50 other games.

The biggest problem with SE is that no matter how terrible their games are, people will still buy them. The new Star Ocean could be the worst piece of crap or the greatest game ever made and it probably wouldn't have much of difference in sales.

It's interesting to compare western RPGs and JRPGs though. I've never really cared for WRPGs because of the fighting systems and how conservative the designs always are. I guess it's all about what type of experience you're interested in.

+
  13. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2015 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close