Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Lost Season 5

Topics

• No tags yet
  • 11 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Anybody watch Lost? It's probably the only TV show that I watch. I saw a short clip from the season premiere on the NYT site and it's gotten me really excited for the 21st.

+
  2. I stopped watching after the middle of the second season. I liked the characters, but pace of the plot was too slow. I heard season four was good though?

+
  3. Yeah, it was pretty good. I hear that's why a lot of people stopped watching, it just got too slow. I only started watching it online last year when season 4 was on. I think it was better to do it that way, watch it all at once.

Plus, you could fast-forward through the Micheal flashback episodes.

Season 4 was pretty much non-stop action and intrigue. They have to wrap up all of the loose ends in the next 2 seasons too, so I think these will be the same way. Also, they have to recap 3 years (?) in this season so that should keep tedium at bay.

+
  4. I might give it another chance. unless John Lock is dead or dies... DOES HE? because if so, fuck that shit.

+
  5. They're going to recap the last 3 years in the new season with the flashbacks like they did in season 4. He'll be in those at least. Plus, he'll probably come back to life once they get him to the island... or something crazy like that.

I can't see how his character won't make it to the end in some way.

+
  6. I wasn't blown away by the premiere. Hopefully the season sill pick up the pace pretty quickly. It looks like the time traveling thing is going to make everything very confusing for a while.

+
  7. Have you ever been blown away by the show? I can't remember being super impressed.

With he class of writing and characterization involved already, faster-paced screenplays and less dickering and dilly-dallying would make this show amazing. It always seemed to me that they made everything up as they went along, stretching five minutes of content across 40 minutes of show and teasing the viewer with the same fucking cliffhanger week after week. It would have been enraging to me if I watched it on TV.

+
  8. Yeah, it's a slow build most of the time. It's one of those shows where you're always on the lookout for the explanations for the things going on. I think they're biggest mistake this season was introducing new characters. They could have focused more on the story rather than working through their back stories. I like the show though. The acting and the overall approach to the show keep me interested.

+
  9. Lost is like DBZ in that it takes way too long for them to get anything done. Except DBZ had a manga they weren't allowed to go faster than since it was the source material (or so that's the story I hear).

+
  10. It's more like Charles Dickens, who got paid by the word.

+
  11. THREAD REVIVAL GO!

So, now that the show's over, any thoughts?

I personally felt that the ending was a fitting one, and while it didn't really answer a lot of the questions we still had outright, I feel like a second viewing of the show (which I've already begun in earnest) will provide some of those answers.

+
    • ???
    • Fri November 27, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2033 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close