Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Leverage

Topics

• 7 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. I've been watching this since the premiere a couple months ago, and I am firmly of the opinion that its the best thing on TV right now. I never could get into Lost, and I'm way too behind to try Heroes, BSG never really did it for me, but I'm loving this.

The premise is really simple, straight out of A-Team or Mission Impossible. Four thieves who are all the best in the world at their respective fields are led by one 'honest man' in heists targeting the richest and most corrupt individuals in the world, in order to help those who have nowhere else to turn.

Snappy dialogue, fantastic characterization, great storytelling, and tongue just firmly enough in-cheek make this thing a truly awesome piece of viewing. I haven't seen a sub-par episode yet, and I eagerly await the new one each week. Supposedly this is one of the biggest shows on right now, but I don't know anyone but me who's been watching it.

+
  2. Season 2 has started now, and its still awesome. New episode tonight. Somebody other than me should take a look. :-)

+
  3. Thanks for the recommendation. Being in China I'm kind of marginalized from American TV, so the only chance I get to I check out a show is by word of mouth.

Recently I heard about True Blood and Nurse Jackie, which are both great so far. I've only seen a few episodes, but I'm HOOKED on True Blood. As for Nurse Jackie, I think Edie Falco could carry any TV show singlehandedly, but the show itself is pretty amazing in its own regard.

+
  4. Fuck all of this shit and just watch the Wire. The Wire is the end-all be-all of television and until Game of Thrones comes out, I won't watch television again. Nothing can compare to it.

+
  5. You know, I'm sure you'll just call me all sorts of nasty names for this, but I saw a bit of that and it just didn't grab me.

The only recent shows I've enjoyed have been Leverage (the only non-sci-fi show I've ever bought on DVD) and Terminator.

Game of Thrones, though...fuck yeah.

+
  6. Rahul said:
    Fuck all of this shit and just watch the Wire. The Wire is the end-all be-all of television and until Game of Thrones comes out, I won't watch television again. Nothing can compare to it.

Did you know that the actor who plays McNulty is in 300?

+
  7. Yeah, I knew that, and it makes 300 300 times as awesome as it was before I knew that.

Mr_Domino said:
    You know, I'm sure you'll just call me all sorts of nasty names for this, but I saw a bit of that and it just didn't grab me.

The only recent shows I've enjoyed have been Leverage (the only non-sci-fi show I've ever bought on DVD) and Terminator.

Game of Thrones, though...fuck yeah.

Look, the Wire is something you need to watch a couple of episodes to get into. I watched episode 1 and then didn't watch another until 2 months later. All I can say is, trust me, it really is the best show ever made. Sit down with season one and watch the first six episodes. Some people don't "get it" until the end of season arc starts putting things together in like, episode 12, so maybe you'll need to wait until then. But once it gets you, you're in for a fucking awesome ride.

+
    • ???
    • Thu November 26, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2034 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close