Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Exile to the Orient: portable necessities

• 11 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. +
  2. FFIV, Crisis Core, and Castlevania are all you need, though if I were in your shoes I'd bring one of those DS memory card thingies and load it with NES and SNES roms, but that's just me :)

+
  3. Loco Roco 2 just came out, if you're into that sort of thing.

+
  4. Oh, I totally am. I've heard good things about it and I'm thinking about picking it up before I head out.

LC, what DS memory card thingies are you talking about?

+
  5. Perhaps he was referring to PSP? I've found emulation to be far easier on Sony's machine.

+
  6. no, I was referring to the DS :)

there are some adapters that will let you plug an SD card into a special cart in the GBA slot that can run emulators so you can play NES/NES/genesis (etc) games on the DS. a quick goole search will point you in the right direction if interested

+
  7. I forgot about "Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?" if you're up for some Atlus inspired platforming. I haven't checked out any of the reviews.

+
  8. For the love of God, Matt. Buy Star Ocean: Second Evolution.

+
  9. Well, I finally made it back to my place of exile and in one piece. I couldn't resist getting started on Patapon, which is AWESOME. Crisis Core so far is MEH. I'm maybe 2 hours into it and I already hate the protagonist. The gameplay isn't spectacular either. Why did I get this game? I hope there is something redeemable down the line.

Ziyad said:
    For the love of God, Matt. Buy Star Ocean: Second Evolution.

I head it sucked big time?

Dean said:
    I forgot about "Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?" if you're up for some Atlus inspired platforming. I haven't checked out any of the reviews.

I looked into it but I didn't get it. Well, yeah, I didn't obtain it but I also didn't comprehend it. But maybe that's the point...

+
  10. Crisis Core is supposed to have a great ending, but I can't say it was convincing enough for me to buy a PSP.

Maybe I'll get a PSP down the line since I have a PS3 now..

+
  11. So far I haven't been blown away by anything on the PSP. read: nothing has justified my purchase of the device four years ago. Unlike the DS which has kept me preoccupied for hundreds of hours with Tetris DS, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Patapon is a fresh and worthwhile experience, but it doesn't in and of itself justify buying a PSP.

+
  12. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2044 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close