Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Valkyria Chronicles already discontinued?

• 23 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  1. According to a post over at Gamespite.net, Valkyria Chronicles has been discontinued due to poor performance after only six months of production. I have no upcoming plans to buy a PS3 AT ALL, but you can bet the farm I'm buying this game this second. It's less than $40 on Amazon if you have the same idea.

+

2. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  3. How tragic, this also means there won't be a sequel either, oh dear : (

+

4. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  5. I suppose that's true, though if it sold better in Japan a sequel could still be in store. At Gamespite they speculated a sequel would also be import-friendly given the nature of the game.

+

6. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  7. I really enjoy this game. I am slowly plugging away at it (I think I am about half way right now). I have this suspicion that gamers are becoming less and less interested in products that are thought to be "very Japanese." This may be one of its victims.

+

8. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  9. Hmm... strange move. Sega's decisions lately have been kind of weird what with the abysmal sales of Mad World for the Wii and now choosing to release Tales of Vesperia way late on the PS3. VC didn't seem like it was a game that was incredibly expensive to make or anything and was very well reviewed, it seems strange to just give it a pass.

For me, I'd much rather see Sega throw their money away on a good game than another Sonic the Hedgehog crapfest.

• cough* release Yakuza 3 Sega cough
    +

10. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  11. Matt said:
    I suppose that's true, though if it sold better in Japan a sequel could still be in store. At Gamespite they speculated a sequel would also be import-friendly given the nature of the game.

Point taken. I guess it's wrong for me to assume such a thing from SEGA, but looking at Zack & Wiki as a prime example of a lost and forgotten gem means that a sequel is financially out of the question, but then again, I believe Z & W sold pretty poorly everywhere (including Japan). I do hope that gamespite's speculation actually ends up being true, I would love to see a sequel to this, it was made by the Skies of Arcadia director right? It's basically the Overworks team? Damn you SEGA.

I would love to see SEGA make a sequel to Gunvalkyrie for the Wii the way the original was suppose to be played before the demise of the Dreamcast. I would also like to see SEGA have some of their teams revived (SmileBit, Overworks etc) and start pumping funds into their brilliant ideas (Where's my next gen Shinobi dammit!).

...and yes, where is Yakuza 3.

+

12. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  13. Are the people behind those development groups still at SEGA? I thought there was a mass exodus of all the talent?

+

14. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  15. No I do believe there are still a few of them left. I know Takayuki Kawagoe (general manager/producer of Smilebit) is still with SEGA under the Sports Design R&D Dept. along with some of the other key designers behind Panzer Dragoon Orta. Shuntaro Tanaka is also still with SEGA who was the director behind Valkyria Chronicles though I'm not too sure how many of the original Overworks staff are still intact. I'm really curious as to where Hisayoshi Yoshida is now in the game industry (the genius behind Gunvalkyrie).

EDIT* Good news guys, Valkyria Chronicles sales have boosted in Japan and the US, looks like it's not so "doom n' gloom" after all. Here are the sources:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/04/20/valkyria-chronicles-sales-jump-in-the-us-tops-charts-in-japan/
    http://www.gamasutra.com/newswire?story=23247

+

16. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  17. Valkyria Chronicles is a great game that I absolutely love, and it's good that it started to pick up sales a little. They have a sequel coming out...for the PSP??? What??? I do have a PSP, but this game was great on the PS3 and I was hoping to play more from this series on the PS3. Oh well, if it's as good on the PSP as it is on the PS3, then I will still be giving it a shot.

+

18. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  19. I really like VC, I'm very near the end. However it exploded in difficulty. I started using a guide to combat this (I just want to see the ending!) and I still am getting super frustrated. Oh well. Hopefully I'll knock it out before school starts this fall. I am so glad people are enjoying it so much. It really is a good game.

+

20. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  21. I downloaded the demo for this in march but never installed it. Should I be playing?

+

22. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  23. The demo didn't give me a really good feel for what the game was about. I've probably played it a half dozen times and I'm still a little confused by the combat system and the interface. I'm sure that when you're playing the actual game, the real depth and strategy of it comes out... not so much in a demo where you outnumber the enemy 2 to 1.

+

24. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  25. I bought it but I still don't have a PS3 to play it on. I just look at the box longingly all day long.

+

26. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  27. A week ago I finally hunkered down and beat this game. I was very pleased with the ending and how the game progressed. I skipped some of the optional missions because I just wanted to get it down with before school. I have since gone back and finished a few more of those optional things up. I was pleased to find you can save after the last boss and before the credits so you can go back and do those optional things. I was also excited to find if you wait all the way through the credits there is a new game plus save feature. This will allow you to keep your old levels and also open up a stat tracking system. I haven't really fiddled with it very much, but it looks promising. I'm extremely pleased with this game. Definitely one of the best games I have played in the last couple years and a sign that some developers still know how to press all the right buttons on me.

+

28. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  29. When they're not busy slowly and painfully killing off the Sonic franchise, Sega seems to be doing a whole lot right lately. I wonder what's up with that? Last I remember they lost a lot of key developers (Hirokazu Yasuhara, Yuji Naka, Yu Suzuki, et al.) VC is the first Sega game I've ever bought.

+

30. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  31. Yes indeed, it seems that the Overworks team is the last saving grace (with the exception of Toshihiro Nagoshi's team) of SEGA's creative assembly, as losing Suzuki and Yasuhara is a pretty big deal. I mean Suzuki's has had (and done) enough to begin with but losing Yasuhara is a bigger blow that will take a long time to recover from. Actually, speaking of Yasuhara, did you guys know he's at Namco right now designing a new Pac-Man game? Who would've known.....

+

32. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  33. Really? I wonder if he can top Miyamoto, whose take on Pac-man resulted in the best multiplayer game of all time (Pac-Man Vs.).

+

34. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  35. Oh yea! I remember that game! It looked so fricken awesome. I never got to play it myself but it definitely looked like an evolution to the original Pac-Man formula. Yasuhara actually mentioned in a gamasutra interview that he wants to make another "character game". I believe this interview was conducted not long after he left Naughty Dog to join Namco America. Which looks like it could be this very Pac-Man game he is working on.

+

36. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  37. +

38. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  39. There is an easier way to experience Pac-Man Vs. It's part of Namco Museum DS, you can play the four-player game with just a single card since it uses download play for the other 3 players. Granted, it's not quite as fun on the DS, but it's a nice and easy substitute for those that never got the GBA-GCN link cables. I still play it on the Gamecube sometimes with friends, along with FF: Crystal Chronicles and Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. A few great games were made that took advantage of the connectivity between the Game Boy Advance and the Gamecube. I wonder when we'll start getting it for the DS and Wii since they connect wirelessly so we won't have to fuss with the cables.

+

40. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  41. +

42. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  43. Yeah, it's a problem with the emoticons. I haven't written a condition to disable them yet. All in due time...

+

44. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  45. +
    • ???
    • Sat November 27, 2021

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2060 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close