Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Star Trek Online

• 6 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Anybody else planning on getting Star Trek Online when it hits?

I'm normally anti-MMO, especially subscription-based ones, but I'm such a trekkie that this one's worn down my defenses, and I must have it.

+
  2. +
  3. Let the battle of Star Trek versus Star Wars begin!

+
  4. Hey, I like Star Wars too. I just don't think that TOR looks particularly great. It looks like a well-crafted game with ginormous production values that has absolutely nothing new to offer besides 'WHOOSH, space adventure!'. STO just looks to be a far more interesting experience to me.

Speaking of Star Wars, though, I'm freaking loving Star Wars: The Force Unleashed right now...

+
  5. WHOOSH, space adventure!

Hahah, yeah, BUT SO BE IT! I don't play any games like that so I'm looking forward to it myself.

+
  6. Well, I can now say with confidence that STO is freaking awesome. I got into open beta today. After downloading, installing, patching, etc. I only played about an hour (going to bed now) but it was a pretty sweet opening hour. The ship combat is superb, and the ground combat, while perhaps not quite as stellar, is still pretty great. Most of the issues I had with ground combat were just response issues, which theoretically would be fixed post-launch anyways.

Anyways, I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to trade the WoW habit in for something a bit more spacey.

+
    • ???
    • Sun October 25, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2147 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close