Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

FFXIII

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  1. Yeah, I can wholeheartedly recommend it after getting to chapter 11. Matt, you will enjoy it as it feels a lot like the next step from FFXII. GameLife's review is absolutely correct from a high level as Final Fantasy stands to become irrelevant if it does not innovate in response to direct competition from Bioware, Blizzard, etc.

But up to chapter 11 was definitely not the future of RPGs. It reminded me of Twilight Princess' unnecessarily long tutorial, except this time stretched over 20 hours.

+

2. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  3. @Rahul

it feels a lot like the next step from FFXII

That is a contentious claim. Don't toy with me, sir. You know how much I love Final Fantasy XII!

+

4. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  5. @Matt

Well, I stand behind it. It takes a long time for the battle system to ramp up - for instance, you don't get full control over your party until chapter 11 (an important chapter, as I mentioned). But the Role system is a simplification of the very programmey Gambits system used in FFXII and once you realise the ease and advantages of being able to switch roles (Paradigms) on the fly, in the middle of an action being performed, or in the middle of the enemy unleashing an attack, then it becomes quite powerful.

They really screwed up the script, voice acting, and dramatic storyline, but the battle system is very polished and interesting.

+

6. Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/ninsiteuser/public_old/bin/php/class.user.php on line 79
  7. @Rahul I think what we were bitching about was mostly the character designs and the themes, which we knew were going to be lame. If the gameplay is good then I'm sold.

+
    • ???
    • Sun January 23, 2022

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2156 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close