Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Wario Land: Shake It!

• 10 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. It saddens me greatly that this game isn't having more commercial success. I haven't yet gone all the way through it, but I absolutely adore it. Its quite simply the most beautiful 2D animation I've ever seen in a video game and it proves that there's still life left in 2D gaming.

What I would give to see a Kirby or Castlevania game done on the Wii in this style.

Also, the soundtrack is freaking amazing. The fact that it didn't get an official release saddens me, as its one of the best new soundtracks I've heard in years.

+
  2. I've been thinking about getting it, but I opted Zack & Wiki instead. It looks great though.

Did you see this promotional YouTube video? It's brilliant, and I almost bought it after seeing that alone even though it reveals NOTHING about the game.

+
  3. OH SNAP! It's only $20 on GameStop. SOLD.

+
  4. Matt said:
    I've been thinking about getting it, but I opted Zack & Wiki instead. It looks great though.

Did you see this promotional YouTube video? It's brilliant, and I almost bought it after seeing that alone even though it reveals NOTHING about the game.

That is quite possibly the raddest promotional video ever in existence.

+
  5. That was thoroughly awesome...and to think I bought the game without even seeing that...

I've found a (non-official of course) soundtrack release for download on Video Game Scrapbook if anybody's interested. Fantastic stuff.

+
  6. Here's another gem from Nintendo that makes me want to buy Punch-Out!!.

+
  7. What's really funny is that the guy that played Little Mac in There Will Be Brawl was better.

+
  8. It's really surprising that Wario Land isn't having more success. Third-party games almost always fail on the Wii, but first-party games are supposed to be what people buy. A big franchise like Wario failing on the Wii is just shocking. There are many great games that don't have the sales on the Wii, I wouldn't have expected it to affect a Nintendo franchise though. It's a great game that deserves to succeed, I would like another Wario Land game, every Wario Land game has been great. The Gameboy games, Virtual Boy, DS, Warioworld was great, and Shake It! is one of the best of the series.
    And by the way, since someone mentioned the game, Zack & Wiki is one of the Wii's best games overall, and it's a real shame that game didn't have success either.

+
  9. So I just finished World 1. It's quite entertaining, the animation is spectacular, the control response is mostly intuitive (some motion control issues here and there), the art direction is superb and the mechanics are mostly adequate. There are cons that I could elaborate on but I've currently ordered Wario Land 4 and I'm playing through Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 so I'll wait until I've finished all 3 so I can draw references and comparisons etc. Still, it's been enjoyable so far.

+
  10. I never actually played 4, but the original on game boy was one of my favorite classic game boy titles that ever came out.

+
  11. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2160 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close