Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Patient, calculating, and elusive, the Sarlacc Enforcer is The Old Republic's final class

• 12 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. The videos are brilliant.

All fooling aside, I can't wait for this game!

+
  2. +
  3. @Pugz I actually just started playing KOTOR after I found it on Steam for $10. So far I'm loving it. If this is the pillar to which TOR is being judged, I think we're in for a good game.

...Unless Rahul's pessimism rings true. A valid point this guy makes, but I'm still optimistic.

+
  4. @Matt

Wait until you reach the massive plot twist in the game, my jaw droppred, it was so fricken good. Best plot twist in a game ever.

It's true, Blizzard have been the only successful developer to hold the MMO torch a lit but I'm also adamant in believing that World of WarCraft is not the only way to make a successful MMO (even though it is and rightfully so). It can't be, and I'd be more concerned if BioWare was to borrow exclusively from it as I thoroughly dislike the game structure in WoW, but I think that's more to do with the fact that Blizzard choose to make it that way for maximum profit (it is their most successful game financially after all).

+
  5. @Pugz

No. WoW is not the only way to make an MMO. More to come.

???

+
  6. @Matt

I need to get on KOTOR. I played it a few years ago but it would crash every time about 3 hours in, so I had to quit (Hmm, Dragon Age is doing that to me this year. What is it with Bioware's game engines?)

+
  7. @Pugz

Please explain how the game structure in WoW is designed "For maximum profit" as opposed to just being good fun.

+
  8. @Mr_Domino

There shall be no cryptic statements in this comment thread! Explain thineself, Master Domino!

(NB: I guess it's not so useful to reply to several different posts only to have all my replies appear beneath one another at the bottom. What are my options?)

+
  9. @Rahul

All in good time. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

+
  10. @Rahul $10 on Steeeeaaaammmmm.... ... ...

+
  11. @Rahul

Right so I should probably explain this a little further. I mean I'm aware that any developer making an MMORPG is looking for "maximum profit" in their IP and BioWare shall be no different. I guess what I mean by WoW is that it seems so obvious because of it's game design and how it openly insults my intelligence with promoting "rewardless" goals. Sure it's gonna happen in most MMOs (maybe except for Guild Wars 2) but I feel Blizzard sucks at concealing such aspects of their games. .....Or maybe it's just me

+
  12. +
  13. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2195 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close