Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Games you want to play in 2010

Poll Question: What games are you anticipating in 2010?

1. 4%2
  2. 14%7
  3. 10%5
  4. 2%1
  5. 20%10
  6. 2%1
  7. 10%5
  8. 6%3
  9. 14%7
  10. 12%6
  11. 6%3
50 Votes
  • 41 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Building on Dean's 2009 topic... Another year, another crop of anticipated titles. Will this year's games bring your life meaning or merely earn themselves hushed profanities when you think of them in your darkest hours?

What games are you looking forward too?

+
  2. @Matt

I'll be happy to get through the games sitting by the systems right now...
    Gotta finish Mario, FFXIII, Left4Dead, & Bioshock before moving onto more stuff.

+
  3. @Methusalen METH!!!!!!!!

+
  4. @Rahul
    Rahul!

+
  5. Out of that list, I am really interested in MGS: Peace Walker. (o btw the message that pops up for the image upload thing for when your posting a message, doesn't seem to go away; you should put a timer or something on it which will make it fade away after a while.)

PS: I love these emotions

+
  6. did you try clicking it

ps so do i

+
  7. If I click on it it displays the image uploading form.

+
  8. yes, that sounds about right...

+
  9. I have to say, I'm missing the following:

Zelda Wii
    Silent Hill Wii (lying on my desk, unwrapped)
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    Xenoblade
    The Last Story
    Epic Mickey
    Mass Effect 2
    Torchlight (MMO)
    Alpha Protocol
    Black Mesa

+
  10. @Rahul

Of those - Xenoblade and The Last Story

Otherwise, Dragon Quest VI and IX.

That's about it.

EDIT: OH OH AND FUCKING BLACK MESA.

+
  11. Definitely anticipating The Last Story... always curious to see what Sakaguchi's got up his sleeves. I get goosebumps + strong vibes of the classic FF games whenever I listen to that game's delicious teaser site music.

Heavy Rain was pretty bitchin', too.

+
  12. +1 for The Last Story

+
  13. Even though its already out: Star Trek Online! Woot!

Honestly, I freaking love this game. Its gotten a lot of bad press because a) you just can't please Trekkies. No trek MMO would ever have escaped lots of criticism, and b) the early level content kind of sucks. Once you get your toon up to level 11, the game takes off, and is a great MMO. There's still a little less content than I'd like, but its also only a couple months old.

I think if they can just find some way to make the early level content a bit more engaging (pun most definitely intended) the game will start receiving substantially more popularity. Until then, party in Club 47 instance 17. First round's on me.

+
  14. Well on that poll list, I'm going for Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M. I'm more excited about Other M due to Yoshio Sakamoto's involvement, but Galaxy 2 is shaping up to be quite an extraordinary platformer, even more so than it's predecessor.

There are but 3 more titles (not on the list) that I'm quite anxious to play. Epic Mickey, Sin & Punishment 2 and Vanquish. 2 of those titles involve my other 2 favorite game designers (Shinji Mikami and Warren Spector) besides Yoshio Sakamoto. It's a really exciting year for me because I'm receiving a game from all 3 of my fav game designers. 2010, is my 1998 for videogames, hell, it could be even better.

+
  15. +
  16. Given that there's little Epic Mickey buzz on the game blogs and that there's still not too much known about it, are you still confident it'll come out this year?

+
  17. @Matt

I was actually thinking about this recently. Hmmm I dunno, I feel that maybe we'll get a huge media blow out at e3. That's just wishful thinking I know but hey, until Warren or Disney state otherwise, then I'm still a believer it's coming out this year (maybe christmas period?).

+
  18. I totally forgot about NBA Jam. How could I??? That's going to be pretty sweet.

+
  19. I will play Starcraft II until I go blind.

+
  20. In regards to Metal Gear Solid: PW, have you guys seen this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fJXHXs5TvY[/video]

+
  21. @ryuzaki wtf.

+
  22. @ryuzaki is this real or fake? that's insane.

+
  23. I am pretty sure that this is 100% real. They (many gaming sites ie. IGN) said they would include this in MGS. It will probably be some side game (mini game) as I highly doubt they would include this into the main storyline XD

+
  24. @ryuzaki

And suddenly any interest I might have had in this game evaporates, as if it never existed...

+
  25. Hahahaha. WTF indeed. His line at the end indicates the meat was skillfully roasted. Good times.

+
  26. ...who are you talking to...?

+
  27. @Matt lol I guess he forgot to use the reply button XD

+
  28. Zelda Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Metroid: Other M
    Xenoblade
    The Last Story

+
  29. Ok now that E3 has come and gone, I've solidified my pick for this year.

Metroid: Other M. I was really worried about the control scheme but after seeing the levels in-game I can tell that this is going to be a very unique experience. I would love to go into detail but I don't wanna get too carried away. I'll just state that I understand why Yoshio Sakamoto and Yosuke Hayashi have used the d-pad for this game in 3D space. My philosophy behind their decision is that the game doesn't actually play in 3D, even though it's a 3D game.

Epic Mickey. Warren Spector's philosophy on "playstyle matters" has been interwoven through out most of his games in the past and Epic Mickey is going to take that even further.

Donkey Kong Country Returns. This game caught me off guard, not by it's announcement per se but by the actual gameplay videos there after. I'm quite venomous when it comes to reboots (i.e. NSMB Wii etc) but this game seems a little bit more than just a reboot. Which I'm glad because it seems this game isn't entirely as straight forward like other 2D platformers. It's showing some diversity by using multiple 2D planes for puzzle solving etc, along with acknowledging Donkey Kong Jungle Beat's achievements. So while some might be expecting an actual direct homage to the DKC series from the SNES era (and they WILL be disappointed), I'm atleast looking forward to the fact that it's more of an amalgamation of the many elements that made the DK franchise great. This is going to be quite an important reboot it seems and so far, Retro Studios is showing us that it's well and truly capable of providing an adequate take on the series.

Vanquish is another game that looks fantastic but I won't be able to play it unfortunately (due to the fact that I can't afford another console). It does look like Shinji Mikami's best outing yet though and what a damn shame I won't be able to play it

For the future moving into 2011 there are two games I am super pumped about:

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising. Masahiro Sakurai, what more can I say? After posting the current interviews in the news section, I'm way more excited than before, just purely by the control inputs for this game. There are some very interesting gameplay types present here and I cannot wait to get my hands on the 3DS once it comes out. It's the system's seller for me.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Much like DKCR (it's even horrible as an acronym), I was not that excited upon announcement but as info began to treacle, I discovered something quite fascinating. Eiji Aonuma isn't the director this time but someone by the name of Hidemaro Fujibayashi, who is he you might say? He's the man behind The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords Quest (GBA version), The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and of course, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. That last one (along with Four Swords) is a BIG deal to me and so I am very interested to see what his debut on a full-scale console game will look like.

3. Pikmin 3. It HAS to come out next year or I'm done with it.

Cautiously anticipating:

The Last Story could be great but until I see some gameplay, I'm not yet convinced.
    Yasumi Matsuno, where are you, we need you right now, RPGs are becoming so stale, we need depth that only you can provide, please show up at TGS. PLEASE.

• ahem* Yea that's about it.

Oh actually, one more thing, which console gets the most attention from you guys? Why?

+
  30. @Pugz

which console gets the most attention from you guys? Why?

iPhone, DS, Wii, and PS3, in that order, but it is very, very close.

Regarding Zelda and Hidemaro Fujibayashi, that makes me even less excited than Eiji Aonuma, under whose direction the Zelda series has been run to the ground. I didn't play the GBC Oracle games (because I though having the two games was a fucking gimmick), but I did play and disliked Minnish Cap. It didn't feel like Zelda to me and I thought there were too many innovations involved that crowded out any feeling of the classic Zelda charm. Besides that, I didn't think it was a good game, either.

Sorry for all the negativity and poo-pooing above, but I'm really unhappy with every zelda since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and especially The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which was probably my favorite game of all time. I would give up Pikmin 3 just to get a great Zelda title again.

+
  31. @Matt

@Pugz

which console gets the most attention from you guys? Why?

iPhone, DS, Wii, and PS3, in that order, but it is very, very close.

Regarding Zelda and Hidemaro Fujibayashi, that makes me even less excited than Eiji Aonuma, under whose direction the Zelda series has been run to the ground. I didn't play the GBC Oracle games (because I though having the two games was a fucking gimmick), but I did play and disliked Minnish Cap. It didn't feel like Zelda to me and I thought there were too many innovations involved that crowded out any feeling of the classic Zelda charm. Besides that, I didn't think it was a good game, either.

Sorry for all the negativity and poo-pooing above, but I'm really unhappy with every zelda since The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and especially The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which was probably my favorite game of all time. I would give up Pikmin 3 just to get a great Zelda title again.

To you tell you the truth, I was high (on bullshit) when I said that. I'm just trying to convince myself that it's gonna be a great game and you know what, you're fucking right. Negative? In my eyes you're being far too kind.

I can say I feel the same way about the Mario games. I've almost finished Galaxy 2 and I KNOW I'm gonna sell it once I finish it. I was excited for that game, then I played it and realized Nintendo did a sneaky stinky on me and gave me a game full of purple coin fetch quests (note to Nintendo, purple coins are shit, stop getting me to chase after them) chimp mini-games and that WRETCHED flight racing on those damn birds.

Mario and Zelda are out for me period. I'm done with them. I'll keep an eye out for Kirby and Donkey Kong, see how they fare once released though.

Regarding console preference. Yea, mine would have to be Wii then DS. I'm wondering if it's worth getting another console now? What games do you think are worth getting a PS3 for? I really want to play Fat Princess and I've got a copy of Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm thinking of selling it. Hmmmmmmm.

+
  32. @Pugz There are tons of really great PS3 games out there. I started a collection once I got my PS3 a few months ago to the point where I now have about half a dozen games waiting in the queue. The best part is that I got mostly all of them new or almost new for less than $20-30.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto IV, Bioshock (and Bioshock 2), the aforementioned VC, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dead Space, Uncharted (and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves), Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes...

I would highly recommend a PS3 if half of those games appeal to you.

As for Fat Princess, unfortunately I didn't like it. It was way too chaotic for me. You just keep dying over and over and over and over and over again and it never seems like your team gets any progress. I think I played one match for over two hours without any progress on one side or the other. Annoying and redundant.

+
  33. +
  34. @Matt You mentioned Dead Space. I have to say that game kinda looked dull but I'm not really sure what that game is about. What's it like?

+
  35. @Pugz Er, not sure since it's still in the queue. I bought it new for $15 on a glowing recommendation from Dean. What happened to that bitch anyway...?

+
  36. @Pugz While I haven't played the game, I did enjoy the demo very much. If I had to describe it, I would say its like Doom with some RPG elements thrown in as well.

+
  37. I recall Dean describing it along the lines of "Resident Evil in space".

+
  38. +
  39. @Son_Gara NBA JAM FTMFW!!!!!!!

+
  40. +
  41. I'm always looking forward to another good Final Fantasy game. I can't wait until I can get a new Xbox 360( mine broke :( ).

I've really been wanting play the new Fallout and Fable III as well.

+
    • ???
    • Mon September 28, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2216 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close