Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

FF5 and FF6 DS Remakes Considered

• 9 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Sacrilege! I'll stand a Final Fantasy IV remake, and maybe even a remake of V, but to remake VI is useless and foolish. Don't fuck with perfection.

+
  2. @Matt

Sacrilege! I'll stand a Final Fantasy IV remake, and maybe even a remake of V, but to remake VI is useless and foolish. Don't fuck with perfection.

You know looking back on it, the DS remake of IV isn't as good as the original. They tampered with the difficulty among other things. That's pretty sacrilege alone. I think a remake of V could be interesting, they could make it better........maybe but VI? HAH, yea the thought of remaking it is fucking with perfection alone.

+
  3. @Matt

Sacrilege! I'll stand a Final Fantasy IV remake, and maybe even a remake of V, but to remake VI is useless and foolish. Don't fuck with perfection.

Couldn't argee more! I haven't even gotten around to finishing the remake of V on GBA, let alone even starting VI. I had at one point plan to get it for my DS Lite but just haven't felt the urge to spend the money on it when there's alot of new games about to come out that I'd rather buy. Im sure I'll get it eventually thought, as I loved the SNES version; which is still my favorite FF title to date. Judging from the reviews of the IV remake, I don't think remakes of the other two is a good idea.

+
  4. Kind of an incorrect post title, honestly. They aren't under consideration. The post you quote is about how he's saying they aren't planned, and his excuses as to why not.

+
  5. "Final Fantasy V and VI DS remakes yet to be decided" is more accurate, but about half as fetching.

+
  6. @Rahul

if they are undecided, than there must be some more considering to be done to determine if they will/won't/can't/shouldn't remake the games, at least that's what I was thinking when I titled the article, but I changed it to avoid further confusion

but honestly, I think this is a terrible idea. FF6 probably shouldn't be fucked with, but considering how well FFVII has printed money for them, it won't be surprising for them to steamroll over FF5 and 6 to press all the cash juices out of them before they're completely dry and robbed of any dignity they have left over from the SNES era...

+
  7. I'm an awful person because I'd probably buy the remade FFVI.

• waiting at the gallows*
    +
  8. Oh I'd almost definitely buy it. But I still think its wrong.

+
  9. @Nels

I think most of us would, and hate ourselves for doing so.

+
    • ???
    • Thu August 13, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2279 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close