Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Your top 15 games of all time.

Top 10 is overrated.

• 11 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Ok, this forum seems a little in-active right now so I thought I'd do something super generic like a top 15 list of your all time fav games but let's be real, when I say top 15, I mean the games you keep coming back to over and over again. The games that are worth keeping in your library until the day you die, that kinda top 15. Ok here's mine (in no particular order):

+
  2. +
  3. +
  4. +
  5. I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about this and I don't really believe in ranking the top 15, because I like these games for different, incomparable reasons (for instance, how do you compare WoW with Super Metroid?). But here's an assorted list of various games from both my childhood and recent times:

World of Warcraft
    Super Metroid
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    Half-Life 2
    StarCraft
    Silent Hill 2
    Braid
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
    Demon's Souls

+
  6. +
  7. @Matt Dude. We should totally have a last.fm-like feature that tells you how compatible you are with another person based on comparing your game shelf with theirs!!!

+
  8. @Rahul

With extra weight placed on matching games dependent on a lower percentage of overall users who have it.

+
  9. @Rahul I'd say start with something simple like number of games in common. Make it more complex later by adding in other variables like how often game is on Videogam.in shelves. Or if you wanted to be super cool, you could keep all of the measures.

+
  10. Oooo goody lists. I think I am sufficiently sleepy enough to try answering this thread now. Numbers are arbitrary, so I'm just going to write them down as they pop in my mind. That's all the ordering you're going to get out of me. So infer what you will from that.

Saga Frontier 2
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
    Final Fantasy VI
    Cave Story
    Final Fantasy XII
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    Vagrant Story
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man 8
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Valkyria Chronicles
    SSX

I could add a couple more games to this list that I have on my profile for this website (whenever that cool doohicky starts working again) but oh well, I kept it at 15 (I think).

+
  11. I don't think I'll even get to 15 on this list, but let's see:

Shadow of the Colossus
    Majora's Mask
    Earthbound
    Chrono Trigger
    Silent Hill 2
    Final Fantasy VI
    Grim Fandango
    The Neverhood
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Super Metroid
    Harvest Moon
    Pokemon Blue
    Snatcher

Yeah, stuck at 14. That was actually a lot easier than I was expecting it to be, but I can't decide on one for the last slot. There's many contenders, including Jet Set Radio, No More Heroes, Terranigma... maybe even Perfect Dark or Banjo-Kazooie to get some Rareware love in.

Gotta say, sweet lists across the board in this topic thus far - if I don't agree that a game is awesome on one of these lists, it's because I've heard it was groovy but didn't get a chance to play just yet.

Also, Rahul's idea about videogame taste compatibility is definitely worth pursuing. I'd love to see that.

+
    • ???
    • Sun September 20, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2293 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close