Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Donkey Kong Country returning from the grave

• 7 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Is "Donkey Kong Country Returns" just a temporary/show title? God, I hope so.

+
  2. @Matt I don't know. It get the feeling it isn't though. I know, terrible title. What are your thoughts on it? Does it feel like another NSMBW but with a DK skin?

+
  3. +
  4. @Matt word. I'm absolutely ecstatic that the brilliance of Donkey Kong Country hasn't been forgotten, but this new generation (of releases featuring classic mascots & ideas in modern environments) doesn't quite strike the right chord. Personally, the art style alone makes me a skeptic 'cause Jungle Beat wasn't something that left an impression.

then again, the trailer music has that smexy Jungle Hijinx vibe goin' on and I really like that sunset shot starting @ 0:45 in the video. plus, these are the guys that brought us Metroid Prime, a brilliant reimagination of a classic franchise. We'll just have to wait, hope, and see.

+
  5. @Matt I think if Retro is fully capable of bringing Metroid into 3D successfully, I think they'll be able to do the same with a Donkey Kong reboot. If you check this clip out here, you'll discover some interesting puzzle solving elements using multi-layered 2D planes. It's showing promise that it's not just a NSMBW run of the mill type of remake/reboot (which I think is a common misconception from some of the gaming community right now).

+
  6. If it's shit I'll die a little inside. I loved the older Donkey Kong titles, then Rare left and all I've had is crappy title after crappy title.

+
  7. I'll definately be checking this one out.

+
  8. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2340 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close