Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: a great example of how a sequel can be better than the original

• 3 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. they got rid of those stupid-ass cosmic clone races. These things were fucking horrible, and what I feel kind of ruined the first game

I mean, hooray!, but I don't know if I would go anywhere near as far as to say they ruined the game. Super mario galaxy was such a great game as a whole; the races were merely a minor blemish.

PS. Thanks for the impressions; I can't wait to play it!

+
  2. I've played a few hours of SMG2 at a friend's house. From a design standpoint it shocked me how much fine tuning could be done over its predecessor. My only complaint is that I haven't come across any equivalent to story book time with Rosalina.

We hear a lot of complaints that Nintendo keep beating its key franchises into the ground. As long as Nintendo does the beating with games of this caliber, no one should be complaining.

+
  3. @Nels I believe the complaint is that they are doing so with generic, sub-par titles in remote genres (Mario Sports Mix, for example). Nobody is complaining about the major iterations that Miyamoto has his hands in.

+
    • ???
    • Thu October 29, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2367 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close