Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Is 3D on 3DS just a gimmick?

• 5 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. +
  2. Don't see how he can consider it a gimmick, when you can only see the 3D when playing the handheld; not just from lokking at some screenshots.

+
  3. @Son_Gara

Yeah exactly. From having used the system myself a few times in my old job, its definitelyt a plus and its going to affect gameplay pretty significantly in more than a few games.

Plus, you can always turn it off if it doesnt do it for you.

+
  4. @Xavi

Plus, you can always turn it off if it doesnt do it for you.

That's the point though -- how many people will be turning it off? If it's a large # of people then the 3D aspect is essentially a gimmick. What is the bigger draw to 3DS, the system's horsepower or 3D?

+
  5. @Matt
    Depending on how badly it affects my eyes (because 3D for me usually equates to nausea), that's still something to be seen... I can't help but think it will certainly be a cool feature, though.

But beyond that, I'm mostly looking forward to the horsepower itself. I love my DS, but a DS that can pretty much match the graphical capability of a GameCube (from what I can tell) - that is pretty much the deal breaker in this case.

+
    • ???
    • Tue January 26, 2021

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2431 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close