Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

Masahiro Ito Unhappy About Silent Hill HD Collection

• 6 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Interesting how IGN gives the game a 9/10 and doesn't mention this particular problem at all...guess I'll see for myself when it comes out here. Kinda hoping they fix this in a patch though - it seems quite jarring. Aside from the obvious limitations at the time that the fog hid away, it was also extremely atmospheric and was designed to make the player feel claustrophobic.

+
  2. +
  3. +
  4. @Alex Yeah, I thought about huge mess, but I don't think it applies here!

+
  5. The reviews on Amazon are pretty unforgiving. It's said that the issue described above isn't merely cosmetic; it takes away from the whole atmosphere of the game, as Alex mentioned it might, and in some cases even eliminates the challenge. There is also an issue with the framerate, which is supposedly slow to the point of unplayable. Apparently the patches Konami released are useless, too. It looks like this one is doomed...

+
  6. God damn, I've been playing through the HD Collection over the last couple of days and hadn't even noticed these things. Noticed some slowdown but it doesn't happen often enough to take away from the game. Fog/atmosphere-wise, I wonder if they patched it recently, or if it really has been that long since my PS2 playthrough of SH2... Will have to make a comparison run. Konami has shown that they will listen to the fans after the whole SH2 voice debacle though... so maybe all isn't lost?

I could swear that the music has been remastered and sounds a lot better, tho.

+
    • ???
    • Thu August 13, 2020

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2615 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close