Videogam.in, a site about videogames

Welcome to Videogam.in, a site about videogames. Read more about this site or else pay me for the door repair charge.

"We'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds it."

• 6 unread posts
  • up key  +  up key down key
  • Jump between unread posts
  1. Do you think the implication that Square Enix is no longer making Final Fantasys that exceed FFVII is apt?

Personally, I thought Final Fantasy XII was exceptionally good...

+
  2. @Matt well Final Fantasy VII has sold over 10 million copies. Maybe they want another title that does that.

As far as XII goes, I gave it a second go more recently and I still can't quite get into it. I'm not sure exactly why. Part of it is the battle system, it kind of irritates me and seems to MMO-ish.

The grinding in it seemed excessive too. I dunno. I'll get back to it at some point. The characters seemed well designed, and the story was going somewhere...but I had to grind soooo much with a system that didn't get along with me. We'll see.

+
  3. @Alex I feel you -- I had a super frustrating time at the beginning. I remember having to grind a lot from the get go, and even more toward the end for the side quests. However, I didn't really mind; at least grinding was much more fun than in any given turn-based RPG...

+
  4. @Matt Yeah, too bad not everyone else agrees

Speaking of FFXII, I was visiting family the other week when my cousin pointed out the single greatest failing on Square's part in the development of FFXII: not including an option to split screen it up and allow a second player to control a party member. Never in the history of Final Fantasy has there been such an incredible opportunity to create a multiplayer game.

+
  5. @Nels it might/might not have worked. It would have been more interactive than the 'multiplayer' in Final Fantasy IX - but I think it would suffer similar issues. Namely player 2 sitting around while player 1 goes through all the dialogue options and so on. If only they could make a Final Fantasy MMO that was really awesome.

+
  6. @Matt I dunno, I might go back for a third run. I feel bad, it's meant to be this awesome game, and I have both my game and my hardcover limited edition guide signed by Hitoshi Sakimoto...and now I own the limited edition OST also...

+
  7. Log in to post a reply.

Don't have an account? Register in about a minute.
Topic #2639 · Invisible to nobody · Closed to nobody older · newer
Close
Login with Facebook Login with Steam
close