So fake it hurts
The console is Nintendo's first to produce 1080p high-definition graphical output and is noted for its unique controller, which has a 6.2" 16:9 touchscreen, along with a stylus, accelerometer, gyroscope, speakers, dual analog sticks, a camera and microphone[cite=http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/about]Nintendo[/cite]. Wii U is backward compatible with Wii titles, and uses the Wii Remote and other Wii peripherals.
- Release Dates
- December 8, 2012 (Japan)[cite=Wii U Coming to Japan December 8 In Two Configurations]Wired - Wii U Coming to Japan December 8 in Two Configurations[/cite]
- November 18, 2012 (North America)[cite=http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-nintendo-announces-wii-u-pricing-and-release-date-20120913,0,6891969.story]Los Angeles Times - Nintendo's Wii U to go on sale Nov. 18 for $299.99 and $349.99[/cite]
- November 30, 2012 (Europe)[cite=http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/13/wii-u-uk-launch-date-announced?newsfeed=true]The Guardian - Wii U: European launch date announced[/cite]
- November 30, 2012 (Australia)[cite=http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/aussie-wii-u-price-and-release-date-revealed/]Kotaku - Aussie Wii U Price And Release Date Revealed[/cite]
- 12cm proprietary high-density optical discs, Wii optical disc support