BlogAlthough the release of the Nintendo 3DS is still a ways off, there are already many promising titles announced for the system. I'm not sure how many of these will be lauch titles though. Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike Hollywood '61 Chocobo Racing 3D The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Samurai Warrior 3D Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon The Sims 3 Paper Mario all-new installment Star Fox 64 3D Ridge Racer Dead or Alive 3D Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory DJ Hero 3D PilotWings Resort all-new installment Kingdom Hearts 3DS all-new installment Nintendogs Cats Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Mario Kart all-new installment Animal Crossing Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle Steel Driver Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition Resident Evil Revelations all-new installment
Here's a little information on some of games:
- In OoT 3D the polygonal graphics have been rebuild to take advange of the 3DS's advanced processing power, and the interface has been refined so it's much easier to preform actions such as changing Link's boots or tunics, as stated in Post #1974. Producer Eiji Aonuma has revealed that the team is also considering making other adjustments to provide the an improved user experience.
- The Sims 3 will make extensive use of the touch screen, allowing quick and and easy customize your character, view an overhead map, or organize your household possessions.
- Star Fox 64 3D will be a much improved remake with better graphics and stereoscopic 3D. The 3D effect will also add a sense of of depth that helps in targeting distant enemies. The 3DS sytem's analog Slide Pad will offer precision control that will help you avoid enemy fire and and be able slip through more tight spots with ease. See Post #1973 for more info.
- PilotWings Resort will have players flying via jet pack, airplane, and hang glider (no word yet on any other possible events), by using the new Side Pad for precise analog control.
- In the new Nintendogs title , the animals will now recongize your face via the 3DS Camera; not only will the dogs mimic your head movements, but they'll try to lick you if you get to close to the screen.
- The new Mario Kart will take full advantage of the new system's Wi-Fi function, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has mentioned that ghost data will play an important part, as well as the other content that the handheld will be able to trade wirelessly will certain Wi-Fi access points and other 3DS systems.